Do you want to instill your photography with laughter and happiness? The Capturing Joy workshop is here for you! In this online workshop, you will learn how to embrace joy in lifestyle family photography. Whether you shoot client sessions or photograph your own on a daily basis, you will learn how to produce images that exude happiness. Interacting with your subjects to create joyful moments and expressions, capturing parent/child interaction filled with laughter and complicity, using light and composition to enhance the emotional impact of your images, creating storytelling series that will make you smile–these are a few of the many topics covered in this 4-week course.
Introduction: First thoughts about photographing joy, getting to know each other, pre-assignment.
Week 1: Technical aspects and creative choices (how our technical and artistic choices such as aperture, shutter speed, composition, lighting, color, angles… affect the way emotion is perceived in an image). Interview with featured artist: Liz Labianca.
Week 2: Creating and capturing joy – kids (how to get joyful images with each age group, location and activities, tips to get real smiles and belly laughs). Interview with featured artist: Kate T. Parker.
Week 3: Creating and capturing joy – parent/child interaction (how to get joyful connections between family members during a client shoot, how to get in the frame with your own kids). Interview with featured artist: Laura Morita.
Week 4: Happy stories. Creating a series of images that features/creates joy (decomposing a moment, lifestyle series, storytelling series). Interview with featured artist: Kelly Garvey.
WHAT YOU GET
- Four weekly lessons & assignments, presented on a downloadable PDF that can be saved and printed for future reference.
- Daily peer-to-peer discussion and encouragement amongst the class. Daily shooting is also highly encouraged.
- Personalized feedback and guidance throughout the week including detailed critique on your weekly assignment from the instructor and one teaching assistant.
- Digital / printable inspiration guides to help you rock your future photo sessions.
- More than 400 inspirational images!
WHEN AND HOW
The three first rounds are now SOLD OUT. The 4th round of this workshop starts on January 26, 2015 and registration is OPEN!!!. There are only 30 seats available, so don't miss out!!!
Cost: 300$ for 4 weeks.
Link to register: http://www.clickinmoms.com/cmu/capturing-joy-2/
I can't wait to spend those 4 weeks with you all!!!!